Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Comics Out This Week



This is the stuff coming out this week that sounds good to me.

Source for this list it the ComicList: New Comic Book Releases List for Wednesday, May 12, 2004, © 2004 by Charles LePage with information from Sun Coast Comics.

DARK HORSE COMICS
Star Wars Empire #19, $2.99 - Ron Marz's debut issue of the series as regular writer. I've seen some preview pages of it, most of which was of Darth Vader, and must say they blew me away with their detail. I like the Star Wars movies, though I wouldn't say I'm obsessed with them, but Ron is promising story arcs focusing on Princess Leia, Han Solo, rather than the "hanger ons" that had become the star of these series in recent times.

IMAGE COMICS
Kane Vol 2 Rabbit Hunt TPB, $12.95 - Probably my favorite of the Kane collections, featuring a criminal who runs around in a rabbit suit!

Walking Dead #7, $2.95
Walking Dead Vol 1 Days Gone Bye TPB, $9.95
Good marketing by Image to put these out in the same week. It is a series about a small town sheriff who after an accident wakes up to discover that zombies now run the world. Usually I'm not one for horror stories of this type, zombies are just icky, but the characterization and plot twists have kept me coming back to it.

ONI PRESS
Blue Monday Painted Moon #1 (Of 4), $2.99 Glad to see Chynna return to this series after the Scooter Girl mini of last year. Which was a fun little series, but this book and its mixed up group of teenagers is where I feel her talent comes through clearest.

No comments: