Tuesday, February 22, 2005

This Week's Stuff of Interest



If I can make it by a comic shop this week, I'll be looking for the following:


DC COMICS
Legion Of Super Heroes #3, $2.95 - I really enjoyed the second issue of this series, and this issue is supposed to look into Triplicate Girl who is an old favorite. So hopefully her reintroduction is as clever and entertaining as Dream Girl's was in #2.

Seven Soldiers #0, $2.95 - I don't know if I'm just looking for different things now or if Grant Morrison's work has changed, but I've enjoyed his last two projects. This project seems very ambitious of him, so I'll give it a look.


MARVEL COMICS
Spider Man Human Torch #2 (Of 5), $2.99 -The first issue of this did a good job of telling an entertaining story, even with two truly obnoxious leads as the characters were back in the time these stories harken back to.

VIZ
Hana Kimi Vol 4 GN, $9.95 _I was wondering when this gender-hiding comedy series would have a new volume out. It is the only one of the "girl pretends to be boy at all boys school" series I like, because the characters actions are a bit easier to relate to.

Hot Gimmick Vol 8 TPB, $9.99 - My favorite manga series out currently, with teenagers in a housing unit coming of age and exploring the strange emotions that growing up brings about.

Sheesh I'm going to be buried in comics though! Since I still have Tramps Like Us Volume 4, Planetes: Volume 4: Part 2, Owly Volume 1: The Way Home, Gemma Bovery, Sensual Phrase Volume 6, Hellboy Volume 1 and Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol Volume 2 (my first try at his run on this title, hope I can follow it) and others to read from stuff I've picked up over the last few weeks.

No comments: