Wednesday, November 10, 2004

My Comics Order



I just finished my order from Discount Comic Book Service



SUPERMAN STRENGTH #1 $2.97

I have a lot of faith in Scott (UNDERSTANDING COMICS) McCloud to tell an engaging story,. Hopefully that faith will pay off, as I want another great Superman story after Busiek's Secret Identity one of last year. I wonder at the huge cover price of $5.97, though luckily DCBS has it at $2.97 for me to try.


SPIDER-MAN HUMAN TORCH #1 $1.49

I've really enjoyed writer Dan Slott's work on She-Hulk, and I think he should be perfect for the humor these two long time rivals will have on display. Add in art by Ty Templeton and this should be a great miniseries from Marvel.


LEGEND OF GRIMJACK TP #1 $9.99

I've heard such praise for this series by Ostrander, that I'm willing to give this collection a try in this very meek month of comic offerings.


SAMURAI HEAVEN & EARTH #2 $1.94

The preview pages and hype I've seen for this series about a samurai who quests for his kidnapped love across Asia to France have been fantastic.


BIZARRO WORLD HC $19.47

Here's another chance for some of the best self publishers, and true greats of the small press to do stories on the DC Comics world of characters. Which hopefully will offer unique new takes on old concepts, and expose their work to a new audience which will hopefully seek out more work from them.


FOUR LETTER WORLDS GN $8.42
Most of my favorite comic creators take on universal themes in this intriguing new anthology from Image Comics.


BLADE OF KUMORI #3 $1.92

The preview pages I've seen from #1, show this to be a very action oriented series with a real kick butt James Bondish lead female character.


SHE HULK#11 $1.94

I got into this series late, but have loved every bit of it to this point. The news of its brief departure has me down. Yet I'm going to do my part to show it every bit of support as I can muster. Given its quality and nonstandard approach that is sorely lacking from most of the big 2.

Wow, even at a discount and a low month comics still cost a lot.

No comments: