Sunday, March 20, 2005

Shopping Trip



I'm sitting here looking over all the stuff I bought yesterday during a quick out of town vacation. I don't regret buying any of it, but it is certainly surprising to see just how much stuff there was to get, that I was so excited by.


Hot Gimmick Book 8


I love this series about young people coming of age in an apartment complex in Japan. While the Japanese culture and attitudes are big parts of the story, the problems the characters face cross all social lines.

As an aside, my non-comic reading companion thought the cover was very striking and my decription has made her curious about trying it.


Cheeky Angel Book 5


This gender based comedy series always makes me laugh and at times think strongly of the roles we tend to place people in. For no other reason than that is just the commonly thought of way.


Sgt. Frog Book 7


I'm always surprised by this comedic series about free loading aliens, who spend more time trying to collect toys and eat. Rather than trying to conquer the Earth as their mission states.


SOS Book 1


Times Two Book 1


I'm not very familiar with either series, but the art looks strong and I like the idea of short story form young romance titles.

Meanwhile at the comic shop-- Can I just say how cool it is to have a comic shop inside an inside mall instead of the out of the way places they usually are located?-- I picked up quite a bit as well.


Conan Volume 1: The Frost Giant's Daughter And Other Stories


This is one of those cases where the packaging was just so well done, that I had to give the book a shot at such a reasonable price.

I'm not what I think many would call a Conan fan, since I've only read one or two of the novels as a kid, plus saw only the first movie. Yet this book just looks so lovely, and as I've (or perhaps as he) has gotten older. I've been enjoying more and more of writer Kurt Busiek's work than I once did. So I'm hopeful that trend continues.


Sabrina the Teenage Witch #65

I see Johanna has already reviewed this issue. I'll read both it and her commentary, as soon as I get the book back from my 9 year old niece.


Adam Strange #6

I thought issue #5 of this was a bit of a let down, since it seemed to be almost a repeat of the previous 2. Hopefully this issue wins me back, and makes me forget the annoyance of how even the end of this is just a beginning to the next big DC Crossover event.


Young Avengers #2

If this issue is as good, if not better, than the first one. Then between it and DC's Legion of Super-Heroes title, it is a great time to be a fan of teen heroes teams.


Samurai: Heaven and Earth #3 (of 5)


A Samurai versus the Musketeers for his lost love. Should be very cool!

Wow a lot of money spent. I really am hooked aren't it? Yet darn do I have some good reading ahead of me!

No comments: