Thursday, June 17, 2004

India To Get Own Spider-Man



Marvel and their alliance partner Gotham Entertainment Group, I suppose I shouldn't laugh when I automatically thought "Marvel teams up with Batman?" with a name like that, have agreed to have a new version of Spider-man.

This Spider-man will be a young, Indian boy named Pavitr Prabhakar, a Mumbaikar. Whose adventures will all be based in India which "interweaves the local customs, culture and mystery of modern India, with an eye to making Spiderman's mythology more relevant to this particular audience,"

This is a pretty intriguing idea to me, I would like to think at times that the basic concepts of most of the big characters are universal. Yet at the same time the idea of taking that basic concept, and allowing the culture to put their own take and ideas is very interesting.

If this proves successful, then perhaps it'll lead to the chance of other countries being given the same type of chance.

No comments: