Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Odd stuff



Anyone else notice how the big two comic companies can't seem to decide how long a story will take? Marvel has been extending miniseries for a while, but now DC is getting into it as well.

Take the Green Lantern: Rebirth miniseries, which the creators behind say they spent 6 months planning in order to get the return of Hal Jordan as Green Lantern "right." Yet over the course of just a few months since the series was announced. It has gone from a 5 issue miniseries, to a 6 issues, to in the most recent Previews listing 8 issue miniseries.

Now I can sort of see needing to expand an issue if things don't fit. Yet three issues to fit it all in? That seems to be lack of planning or perhaps inability to get writers to streamline their ideas into a workable idea.

I'm not planning on reading it anyway, but still just something odd to observe.

How do you store your comics?

I am worn out, and still only half done, trying to convert my comics from the long white boxes to airtight plastic containers. I don't have but about 6 white boxes and a dozen or so big Diamond boxes of stuff I've gotten in the mail.

Yet trying to determine what will go where, what to keep, and realizing just how FREAKING heavy a lot of comics can be is very weird.

3 comments:

Jon Silpayamanant said...

I need to start transferring my comics to those plastic boxes--how are they BTW?

Heidi Meeley said...

I am actually wondering the same thing. Jim keeps his comics upstairs, but mine are in the basement and it makes me nervous. What do you think?

James Schee said...

Seem to be working out well so far. If I put them in there right I can still have a "filing system" of sorts that is easy to get to.

Plus with the airtight boxes I don't have to worry about bugs or such surprising me when I go back to read them. (or weather or such bothering them either)