Monday, September 27, 2004

5 Answers



Dave Carter of Yet Another Comic Blog asks:

1. What was the best single comics adaptation of a property from another media (movies, books, tv, etc.)?

I personally prefer Marvel's Xanadu adaptation but then I love old goofy movies that star actors like Olivia Newton John on roller skates though.

I've found myself enjoying IDW's CSI miniseries, as well as Moonstone's Kolchak:The Night Stalker quite a lot though, but they aren't strict adaptations.

2. If you could travel back in time for the sole purpose of bitch-slapping one now-dead person, who would it be?

Wow so many... I guess Hitler as he's the most evil person I've ever learned about.

3. It is the year 2014--what does the comic market look like?

What I'd like to see: Quality comics of various genres, with something for everyone, not just particular audiences. Sold in a variety of markets, in substantial packages that make them worth the money the buyer pays for them.

What I'd hate to see: A very small core audience, buying an ever decreasing amount of core series, at very high price points in an even smaller number of outlets. With retreads of prior hits, think Pokemon and Dragon Ball, a big draw as they try to pull in the audience that grew up with them.

It'll likely be somewhere in the middle of those two extremes though.

4. Which author is best suited to write the Bildungsroman based on your life?

Hmm, I'd love to think it would be someone like Nick Hornby or comic related Andi Watson. I'd probably wind up with someone like Chuck Austen or John Byrne though.:)

And finally, the most important question of all time:

5. Hulk vs. Thor: who wins?


Hulk is strongest one there is!

Thanks for the questions!

4 comments:

Dave Carter said...

Thank you thank you thank you for the link to the Xanadu adaptation. It's one of my favorite bad movies of all time!

James Schee said...

It is one of mine as well, so glad I could pass along the link.

Dave Carter said...

James, it is now 2014. Does the comic market meet your expectations?

James Schee said...

2018 Now sadly it has pretty much took the dark turn. More widely available with digital, but sold to smaller audiences at a much bigger price.