Monday, October 11, 2004

Monday Links and Bits



I used the Columbus Day Holiday, it pays to be a government employee sometimes, to do some comic shopping today.

I picked up:

Teen Titans/Legion of Super-Heroes Special - Which looks to put the wraps on the current version of the LSH team, while setting up the new version to come.

Legionnaires 3 - A four issue miniseries featuring the 3 Legion founders (Saturn Girl, Cosmic Boy and Lightning Lad) against the Time Trapper.

Adam Strange #1 - Andy Diggle and Pascal Ferry version of the character, looked far too interesting to pass up.

Ambush Bug - For years I've heard great things about this character who Keith Giffen created. When I saw one of the shops had 5 issues featuring the character in a pack for $6 I decided to give it a look.

TV Shows on DVD site has the news that DVDs of "Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman" will start being released in 2005. I loved this show when it was on, as I thought it showed a true human side to the characters and was just a really fun show.

Too bad this news comes on the day after Superman movie actor Christopher Reeves passed away. His movies were what introduced me to the character, and made me want to read the comics as a kid. He always seemed to handle himself with true class both on and off screen, and was someone I really looked up to. He will be missed.

No comments: